A pub, steeped in history
Named after the locally famous, St Margaret’s Well, itself recorded in the Doomsday book, it now nestles amidst the sloping natural beauty of The Well House Inn garden.
Our bar and dining areas retain the history, relaxed elegance and delightful quirks of 15th century England.
Nestled in the heart of the Surrey Hills and located within the charming countryside of Mugswell, The Well House Inn is a welcoming and peaceful destination for everyone, including our four-legged friends.
Join us and whet your whistle on our extensive list of wines, gins and real ales, take in the stunning views from our large garden area or stay inside, warm and cosy next to one of our many log fires. Whilst here, why not sample one of the many delights from our carefully crafted menu. Served night and day, 7 days a week using a range of seasonal meats and vegetables, all sourced from our local suppliers.
Below we have listed key changes in the way we will be operating:
– Please ensure you are wearing a mask or face covering at all times when inside the pub
– Sanitiser Stations will be placed around the pub and garden for regular use.
– Outside bookings can be mixed households up to maximum of 6 people.
– During busy periods we may have to restrict tables to a 2 hour maximum visit.
– There will be a one way system in place for when using the toilet facilities